Author Topic: Disc Brake Conversion - Can you swap the calipers?  (Read 2075 times)

welshdresser

Disc Brake Conversion - Can you swap the calipers?
« on: September 09, 2018, 11:45:32 AM »
Hi,

I'm doing a front disc brake conversion on my 126p.
I've attached the caliper marked "L" to the left side of the car but as you can see from the picture

there are two notches where the brake hose connects which prevent it from pointing downward (downwards would probably the ideal orientation to stop the hose from bending or stretching too much?).

Can I just swap the left and right calipers? Do I need to keep the caliper/cylinder paired with the mounting bracket, or can I just take off the caliper/cylinder?

Cheers,

Matt

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
Re: Disc Brake Conversion - Can you swap the calipers?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2018, 12:02:13 PM »
With the conversion using the Cinquecento/ Seicento callipers the whole assembly has to switch sides to fit the 126  :)

Gadge

• Subscribers
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 04:28:41 PM »
Those calipers look a lot different from the ones I have. They look like the bigger Punto ones so can’t really say which way around they should go. Below is a pic of the set up I use

With this set up you can use your original 126 hoses with the banjo ends :thumbup
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 04:30:18 PM by Gadge »
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

michaelodonnell500

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 02:04:11 PM »
With the conversion using the Cinquecento/ Seicento callipers the whole assembly has to switch sides to fit the 126  :)

With the callipers swapped sides the bleed nipple will also be at the top which will make bleeding a little easier!
Rust does not discriminate