Author Topic: Hello from Solihull  (Read 1659 times)

126redbomb

• Subscribers
Hello from Solihull
« on: April 12, 2011, 11:23:47 PM »
Hello Everyone,
 Just to say hello from Solihull. :$  I have Two Fiat 126's, one is an air-cooled Polish 1999 model and the other is an water-cooled British 1990. The jury is still out on which I like best. :-   I have always wanted a Fiat 126 ever since I saw one in 1984 for sale, I ask my dad to take a look he said "WHAT A RUST BUCKET" and that there was know way it would last for when I was ready to drive(shame). :( 

green-fly

Re: Hello from Solihull
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 02:56:40 AM »
hi Redbomb! spoilt for choice eh you lucky thing! bet you don't see many other 126's bombing about locally either! enjoy the forum 8)

126redbomb

• Subscribers
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 09:22:31 PM »
Thanks Green-Fly, no I haven't seen any around here for a few years.
 When I first picked up the water-cooled 126 it decided to play up on the motorway and had to be towed home but while I waited (8 hour for a break down truck) there was loads of people tooting there horns or waving or thumbs up but also the odd pointing and laughing.  8) ;D :D :$
Had to get a new dizzy, and now she just needs her Mot. But her reverse light is playing up and the fog light. All good fun. :-
I am so glad I have found this forum.
Cheers.

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 09:34:53 PM »
Hi Col,
Good to see you got sorted, By the way the fog & reverse light just have a plug connector that comes out L/R on the back panel inside the engine bay, check that they are not corroded :thumbup
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

126redbomb

• Subscribers
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 11:01:52 AM »
Thanks Pete, I will have a look.

green-fly

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2011, 05:49:03 PM »
Hey redbomb!..bless you, nothing worse than a breakdown especially on the way home! That was some wait for breakdown truck! God,did they come from the outer hebrides to get you?! Glad you got her sorted,you'll get a lot of attention eh!  ;D
Have fun!

126redbomb

• Subscribers
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 09:31:01 PM »
Cheers green-fly, I was going to get my wife to tow me home with a tow-dolly but I thought nah i've paid so I might as well use them (massive mistake).  >:(
I'm not hot on cars and I wanted to be able to show my two son's how to work on cars when they are older(start with something simple) so the Fiat 126 is great because there's not a lot of anything in them. 8)
I took them to school and picked them up in the water-cooled and they were all smiles,  I parked my little beast right next to its cousin a new Ferrari 599 gtb and my car a lot looks too. :P. I'm having just as much fun with something that cost the same as a wheel nut on that car. SHOCKING!