Author Topic: 150 ish Bhp  (Read 25610 times)

dajwid

• Subscribers
150 ish Bhp
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2006, 02:03:56 PM »
Tommy the reason for the cold reception is that every so often there is a post from someone planning on getting '1000,000Bhp' from a 126.
We have seen them come and go.
I really wish you the best of luck, as I am sure most of the other members do.
I honestly hope the project gets finished and I get to see the pictures of the work  on the forum.
This is certainly the place if you need any help.

Tommy D

• http://www.myspace.com/foundtom
150 ish Bhp
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2006, 02:21:17 PM »
I understand guys, im known for seeing things through. Iv lost count of how many people have said im going to do this and the following week they are like i dont know now! Those peeps waste time, i dont.

150bhp i can see is ambitious but i just threw it in to see what you guys do. I think 100Bhp is not too ambitious, 150 will require work, but im in no rush!
Im not sure what the one im getting is, bis? whats that? ill post pics, iv seen some subtle Abarth arches i like, just want some chrome dish wheels, iv already got Goodridge brake lines quoted and a Front Disc conversion planned, just to start with.

Im more of a Jap tuning guy and standalone mapping with larger injectors etc, back to carbs it all seems so easy! Its going to be fun! Ill keep u posted

PaulB

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2006, 02:49:31 PM »
Tommy - go for it - I'd love to see the end result. But do stick with the original engine for a while - 126s are underpowered by almost anyone's standards, but they are a real laugh to drive and you'll see how even a small boost in bhp will really give it a kick -its a gocart of a car. I guess its a whole different angle on driving - just like racing - whizzing around in a small car at its limits, or thudding along in a car that's always got more to give. Just noticed you're in Cornwall - I'm back down there umpteen times a year either in Millbrook or Helston (home town). When the project's further on, I'll drop by if that's okay?

Dave - i think a fifth gear is about £400 - I could make some of that back in saved fuel, but I'm not sure what I'm getting - more torque in 4th or more speed in 5th or both?!  English isn't Nanni's strong point. Maybe bob this in a BIS box for the best of both worlds?

http://www.fiat500sport.com/dettaglio.asp?a=0112&t=2&l=ENG&sku=2D925B38DC0

Tommy D

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2006, 05:24:08 PM »
I live Just outside Helston near Poldark mine. Its currently in a garage, the brakes dont work, so ill just get all new stuff, front disc upgrade is a must, then ill get it Mot'd....etc

I really want help with Wheels......Im getting the Arbarth Arch extensions too so offset wont be too much trouble, i havnt seen any pics with a Set i like, the style i want.....similar too

any ideas anyone?

126dave

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2006, 05:48:33 PM »
i can recomend Rudds garage for the discs........rebuilt kingpins,brand new calipers on custom drilled discs,very tasty.................and would recomend pasquale for 30mm lowered suspension and 30% uprated shocks...........as for wheels...the top pic looks like halibrand style to me
28-34c and cold beers in the fridge

Tommy D

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2006, 02:30:49 PM »
Hmmm, iv also seen some tasty exhausts online, Halibrand? what are they?

Iv already mailed that Rudd guy couple of days ago, already gettin him to hook me up with info, prices, parts, just gotta get car moved into in a garage and get it pimped up!

Im gunna take before and after pics, see what u guys think.

It seems that there are not many sites where i can get the kind of things i want. Is there any good sites, chrome bumpers are a must, where can i get clear rear lights?  

Iv looked on Google etc but theres lots of crap, any head starts are greatly apprechiated, thanks guys

126dave

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2006, 06:39:27 PM »
eerrr........Halibrand are one of the most respected wheel manufacturers.....fitted to GT 40's shelby cobras etc as standard kit...................

pimped up,?oh dear,i think my input stops here.........................good luck

''Im getting the Arbarth Arch extensions too ''
 its ABARTH not ARBARTH................

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
150 ish Bhp
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2006, 07:30:41 PM »
iz gonna get me car pimped up innit! wiv phat arbarff arches man!

me saxo has pimped up wheels and spolier which makes me go fasterer, i fink u sud get the same wheels innit Tommy they look bling.

:lol:  :lol:
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

126dave

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2006, 08:35:39 PM »
oh dear oh dear.............wheres my hoodie.......................

Tommy D

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 01:25:56 AM »
Ok, some of you on this site are cool, so this is not aimed at you!
as for others.....What is your problem, these cars are supposed to be fun, i was messing about when i said Pimped up........If you take these cars seriously then fair enough, but part of the appeal has to be that they are fun cars and have such appeal due to their un serious nature. If you have nothing constructive to contribute then dont.

So what if i spelt the arch manufacturer wrong, or dont know what wheels they were, i asked politely and got sarcastic answer! I have no experience in the custom 126 world as i have expressed, however the guys i know into cars are not stuckup and happy to help out without making an issue.

Thanks to those who have helped me build a better picture of what is involved, as for those who clearly have nothing more to do, u have sucessfully lost a member from this site. Ill go through Rudds for all my needs, he seems friendly and clued up, take care.

fiatfsm

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 09:01:28 AM »
oh dear, toys, pram.... good luck with making a sad looking 126 :lol: .... innit!
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
150 ish Bhp
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 10:53:01 AM »
Tommy, firstly sorry for taking the piss m8, i wouldnt usually do that (must be the hot weather  :lol:) its up to you what you do with your 126 and i will respect that its just not my cuppa tea, i was too hasty in making my point, its just i keep seeing people buying them going down this tuning avenue and the car ending up being scraped or going to a 500 owner. A few months back i wouldnt have cared, i would have been more supportive and encouraged it as its another 126 on the road, but im seeing it too often now without success.

look mate i hope you dont fly off the site as i can assure you there are plenty of people on here who are interested in all aspects of tuning/modification the last thing i want is your to think we are stuck up. I would like to see your progress pics and end result. This club is not about having the most members we can get its just about preserving the declinging number of 126(especialy aircooled ones) and enjoying them

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

PaulB

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 02:07:13 PM »
Nice one Chris. Each to their own. I am equally guilty of p*ss ripping customised cars. I realised after the "plop" scandal that even light hearted comments can be taken very seriously and can be hurtful.

There was a suggestion ages ago for a rodding section seperate from tuning for those who want to go down that route. Then if we don't like it, we just don't read it. There are plenty who do - many of whom seem to have left this site - which is a shame. I may not share their passion for huge engines, 1mm ground clearance and frequenting supermarket carparks [JOKE], but they mostly seem great people and have a genuine passion for their projects?

I think snobbery among 500 owners was one of the motivations for establishing the 126 club. It would be ironic if it became this forum's undoing.

126dave

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 06:05:45 PM »
good post,i agree,it was me that suggested a 'rodding' section,i think that is the way to go..........as you say,just do not read it if its upseting to see another 126 hit the dirt.

Tommo,dont go!!......just build a 100/140BHP road registered,MOT'd,insured and drivable(by anyone) 126 and i'll buy you a beer,but if you ''run out space''/''time''/''money''/whatever and bin it.....you buy me one,deal?...in fact i'll up that to £50.00........both ways mate  :cool: you wana take the wager????????

126dave

150 ish Bhp
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 09:20:23 PM »
Tommo..............helllooooooo?????????? :lol: