Author Topic: which carb i shout use with this engine?  (Read 7696 times)

Da Londo

• It's not the carb size that matters, it's the jet
    • Fiat 126 blog
Re: which carb i shout use with this engine?
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2011, 05:15:53 PM »
The double barrel progressive carb is the perfect choice between sport and street. I read that is not theoretical proved why the double progressive is better (more powerful) than single throttle under the same conditions and airflow on high rpm. If you want it more sporty than economical, find yourself with a mechanical instead of vacuum moved second throttle. Manifold... hmmm...  (Panda 30, 126 Bis, Cicuecento 700... types of carbs).

The easiest carb to fit is something like Weber IBA 32 or Weber 32 ICEV: 127 1050/ PANDA 45; RITMO 60; UNO 45/55/60; SEAT: IBIZA JUNIOR; PANDA 45; Go to the scrapyard and look for it [-/

Manifold ... too much money for such a piece of junk... You can do it as well. Shape those two parts and weld them together. You can do it even better without the pooty turbulence zone in the adapter with smaller screws like this one underneath.

Would these carbs be better than a Dellorto FZD 30.24? Can the Ritmo's 32-34 DMTR be used?

DEYAN IYI

• Bulgarian Polski FIAT 126p Fanclub
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 11:12:13 PM »
I have no idea which one will be the best. All of those could be about OK, but the chance to be perfect without rejetting is small.  The double barrel progressive Ritmo's one sounds nice, but who knows what is gonna be.

Actually what is your project? I saw in your blog, you got a Panda's head. Don't you think about DHLA/DCOE? :) It's a bit pricy, but there are the needed parts to build exactly what you need. For example for the Ritmo's carb, I have no idea if you can buy close sized jets or you will have to collect many of the same model but for different cars, just to use the internals, that wouldn't be easier end cheaper.

Dellorto FZD 30.24 must be cool on the adequate engine volume. What engine is it for?  FZD 32.28 is for 595 SS. I suppose that this carb will be better than the single barrel ones of the upper row.

Regards!

Deyan

Da Londo

• It's not the carb size that matters, it's the jet
    • Fiat 126 blog
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 06:44:45 PM »
Actually I was looking for a Panda head or an FZD, found the FZD first so I am going on with that for now, I can buy the Ritmos carb for 75euro so maybe I will to give it a try in the future, so for now I have the FZD 30.24 to play with on the 650ccm , still looking for a good priced manifold and a cam amongst others, I'm actually gathering the pieces for the time being, I'm not going to put all my money in the car at once but it will progress with time. The FZD is jetted for the 650 as it used to be mounted on a 650 engine in a 500 so I will progress with this one, I read lots of AC tuning articles and I search the net daily for good priced items so when I get across some other carbs I get interested, the goal was to find either a Panda head, because I have some Solexes lying around, or the FZD. I wished it was the 32.28 but as it is allready jetted and did'nt cost a fortune I bought the 30.24. Been looking into a sportscam from Poland but this is still pending.

Alfons1972

• sorry for my bad english...
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 08:07:07 AM »
Hello,
I would recommend to use the 28 IMB for first experiences. Of course with new caskets and no air leak. For this you have to make even the carb on its lower flange by sanding it on an even surface or a glass-pane using abrasive paper.
What also often is leaking is the throttle shaft.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2011, 08:08:43 AM by Alfons1972 »
Fiat 500 R
Fiat 500 giardiniera