Author Topic: My BIS - pathetic garage  (Read 2792 times)

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
My BIS - pathetic garage
« on: June 11, 2005, 06:16:58 PM »
I took my car in this morning to sort this stalling problem when idling and petrol in the oil, they told me it was ready for collection when i drove it home it was doing exactly the same as before i took it in. It conks out at every junction and traffic lights if revs die down, the only way to prevent this it to run it with choke on a little.

They told me it was because i was using choke all the time, even though i had explained. This was written down in the car on paper because they are closed early on sats, so i didnt have chance to complain today. They are closed now but i tell you something they will be seeing me tomorrow morning after charging me ?35 and not done anything!!! Im so angry!! :x  People are so useless in their jobs these days, they obviously didnt take it for a run because they would of seen straight away that it conks out.

Angry Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

green-fly

My BIS - pathetic garage
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 11:18:01 AM »
how annoying is that!  .. any joy now with the car Chris? totally does your head in when something like this happens after paying for the work and being without your car for a day,

not a bad idea for anyone who can recommend a garage or contact local to them who's experienced with our cars to have a list with phone numbers on the site eh?

hope you get it sorted
B

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
My BIS - pathetic garage
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2005, 01:07:29 PM »
Hi greenfly, what a brilliant idea!!! we will get everyone to reccomend a local mechanic to them for the area. I will start on that part of the webpage today.

We can have a massive list of decent mechanics and parts suppliers

Yes my brother is good with cars he said we can swap the carb over with a new one.

Green fly can you take some pics of your 126? as its a delightful example and we will put them onto the website?? interior and exterior pics we'll do a little write up. Thats would be great if your willing!

kind regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): [email protected]

green-fly

My BIS - pathetic garage
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2005, 01:14:48 PM »
hi Chris,
sure i'll get some pics sorted to put on the site.. probably be next week now..

i'll do some investigating into any 126 mechanics locally..

good luck with the carb change, your cars' lovely

cheers
B