Author Topic: Battery Flattery  (Read 3004 times)

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
Battery Flattery
« on: October 15, 2015, 07:26:09 PM »
Once again I encountered the "modern battery syndrome" working fine one day then all of a sudden no good. This is my Seat Arosa daily driver. Had a long run on Sunday no problem them Monday morning flat battery. Thinking I must have left something switched on I jump started the car and used it no problem. Next morning battery even flatter. So I took a chance on a new one from ebay. £28 with free next day delivery and 4 year warranty. So far so good and almost half the Halfords price  :)

drcdb15

Re: Battery Flattery
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 12:51:24 AM »
I can't recall when I last bought a battery from a high street retailer, or a main dealer come to that. Online prices are so much more competitive, plus the convenience of delivery to your door. I generally check eBay but the main battery suppliers are competitive so I've never gone to eBay. The key is to find the battery size code and Ah rating you want, then just Google it for the best prices.

Especially for a rare car like the 126, just looking for "a Fiat 126 battery" is going to get you a very limited choice and higher prices. Asking for "a size 077 [or whatever] battery" will bring in all the suppliers who omitted to include the 126 in their compatibility lists.

I believe 077 is the code for the 126, it may vary between variants. Size and codes chart here: http://www.puretyre.co.uk/car-battery-specification-chart/