Author Topic: help! dynamo and carb issues  (Read 1187 times)

filipurcio

• Subscribers
help! dynamo and carb issues
« on: January 16, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »
Hello!!!

Posting here to check what your opinions are on the issues I have on my 126.

First and most importantly, I took the engine off to change the fan covers and exterior bits and fix a few things and when ive installed it will only run with full choke on or being revved, if not, it stalls and dies. Thinking it could be the condenser in the distributor? Open to any ideas?? The idling mix screw is all the way out and doesnt have much effect when turning so maybe the whole thing is dirty? Dunno!

Second this is a long running issue. My gen light in the dashboard is always on, have always been since I restored it. Took the dynamo to a mechanic and they said the dynamo gives output (16/17v i think) and it motors when you give it electricity. When installed in the car I cant get a reading any ways, not doing the jump between leads or anything... however I have driven the car with lights and wipers on for like 35 minutes the same day I drove it around after like an hour and it was always starting....? Any ideas?

Many thanks guys!
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 01:04:51 PM by filipurcio »

126Simon

• Subscribers
Re: help! dynamo and carb issues
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 09:39:03 AM »
You sure it's a dyamo? I thought 126's had alternators.

I had a similar problem, diodes leaking in the alternator. Your battery won't be charging if that light is illuminated, I drove my car for 3 or 4 days before battery died completely it's surprising how long they last.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Da Londo

• It's not the carb size that matters, it's the jet
    • Fiat 126 blog
Re: help! dynamo and carb issues
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2019, 03:54:16 PM »
Check the float in the carb, could have a leak. For the dynamo, the regulator could be bad.