Author Topic: COILOVERS  (Read 10518 times)

DannyPancho

Re: COILOVERS
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 02:29:30 PM »
any ideas are appreciated! you've definitely got me thinking  :P

now that you have said this you have really got me thinking! im sure i made triple checks to make sure i put them in the correct places, but now i just dont know anymore!

I have just looked at the invoice from the company and one set is a 7" x 200lb rating and the other set is 8" x 150lb rating, would i be right to assume the pair capable of a heavier load to be the rear end ones? because of rear mount engine n all that

it also says the coilovers are labelled with front and rear so im going to have to check! hopefully the markings havent rubbed off!

Fiat 126 DeVille

thepuddlejumper

« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 08:58:27 PM »
I’m sure you can put the dampers from the rear off aircooled on lowered front suspension set ups. So that would fit, the 7” with the heavier rated springs on the rear.

Ralph
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 09:22:24 PM by thepuddlejumper »

DannyPancho

« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 09:55:04 PM »
okay that's a good sign, hopefully ill have put them in the correct way round!
unfortunately i am going to have to take all the wheels off again to check  :P

thanks for your help!
Fiat 126 DeVille

126blackbird

« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2017, 04:52:35 PM »
Hi Danny, just wondering if you sorted out your suspension, I'm thinking of fitting the same set-up to my car.
Graham

DannyPancho

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2017, 09:22:22 PM »
Hi Danny, just wondering if you sorted out your suspension, I'm thinking of fitting the same set-up to my car.
Graham

Hello, yes I believe I have! turns out that i had put them in the wrong way round... must've mixed up the boxes while installing!

i have had to raise the rear ride height substantially compared to the front in order to compensate for the weight difference (as the coils compress much more on the rear) and the damping on front and rear is sent relatively soft and the ride quality is fantastic! It takes a little time to make it right and i dont think mine is perfect yet, but would definitely recommend these coilovers!

ps dont forget to mention the club when enquiring, as they might still accept the group discount they initially provided!
Fiat 126 DeVille