Author Topic: What did you do to your 126 today ???  (Read 115459 times)

thepuddlejumper

Re: What did you do to your 126 today ???
« Reply #225 on: April 24, 2014, 02:16:46 PM »
Wagoneer, the scuby conversion has been done to several 500's, I think if you go to Retro 500 there is a build thread and check youtube for 500 with scuby engine.  Once I have gathered all the bits I need I will post a build thread.

Ralph

1973/126

« Reply #226 on: April 24, 2014, 02:38:40 PM »
Yep needs a vic  :( Not sure why  :(all I know it is going to cost £41 :cry: luckily vosa station only 12 miles away
 I`d sent off v5 form only for them to send me this request
Might of had some form insurance claim against it
written off/scrapped
Or its Stolen :o :o
You say you applied for a V5. Is the car an import, or did it not come with a log book?

1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

baron_matt

« Reply #227 on: April 24, 2014, 02:49:27 PM »
Mainly continuing to replace all the knackered, busted, broken, worn out components on the 126.

Just ordered up a recon starter and alternator for the great engine out works of May, regarding the engine swap posts that have been on previously. I have a spare 2CV engine and I was wondering if that would fit the 126.

cider

• Subscribers
« Reply #228 on: April 24, 2014, 04:08:10 PM »
Yep needs a vic  :( Not sure why  :(all I know it is going to cost £41 :cry: luckily vosa station only 12 miles away
 I`d sent off v5 form only for them to send me this request
Might of had some form insurance claim against it
written off/scrapped
Or its Stolen :o :o
You say you applied for a V5. Is the car an import, or did it not come with a log book?

Car came with  its correct v5 and just posted off for new owners update, might be that the car not
been on the road for the past 8 years
well just sent off my online application so only time will tale  :(

Yer tis a proper job cause i see little people

Wagoneer

« Reply #229 on: April 24, 2014, 09:15:49 PM »
Wagoneer, the scuby conversion has been done to several 500's, I think if you go to Retro 500 there is a build thread and check youtube for 500 with scuby engine.  Once I have gathered all the bits I need I will post a build thread.

Ralph
Thanks Ralph, I'll have a google. I'm a bit keen on the Subaru engine, my parents have had a few Subaru cars over the years including two boxer engined ones. Looking forward to your build thread!

cider

• Subscribers
« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2014, 05:01:29 PM »
 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Got  the vic test papers, all`s ok can tax/drive it now
seems it was written off cause of a dent in the side panel!! now to shower it with love and a large hammer :)
Yer tis a proper job cause i see little people

dajwid

• Subscribers
« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2014, 09:52:43 PM »
Today I sat in it and pretended it was finished. I then opened my eyes wiped off all the muck, got out and walked away.
I just bought a set of alloys so I can move it though  ;D

stuey

• Subscribers
« Reply #232 on: May 28, 2014, 09:27:31 AM »
Today I sat in it and pretended it was finished. I then opened my eyes wiped off all the muck, got out and walked away.
I just bought a set of alloys so I can move it though  ;D

Good to see you back in the fold-ive been sitting in mine and pretending its finished for the last 4 years!
one resprayed and another arrives- double trouble BIS style!!

stuey

• Subscribers
« Reply #233 on: June 25, 2014, 12:01:45 PM »
Made Perspex windows!

Scarlettkitten

« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2014, 07:32:46 PM »
Made an adapter plate and fitted a weber 30 ICF carb :)
1990 126 BIS

poxxxy

« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2014, 11:06:34 PM »
Would that be at all similar to an ICEV carb? If so I would like to see the adaptor plate :).

Here's my post from today in my thread - http://club126uk.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=8559.msg66715#msg66715 :)

Today I decided it was time to get some more done to get it half way to passing an MOT... began by sorting out the connectors on the rear lights as the pins needed bending to make a better contact, still need to get reverse lights and fog lights working though! After getting this sorted I decided it was time to finally take that back panel off for the first time... very easy considering half the nuts were missing!

We proceeded to take off the exhaust to see what was going on, there was some kind of rubbish filler and plenty of holes so my dad went about plating it up... I didn't care too much about it being tidy, just functional and after getting it back on... its much quieter! :).

I set about cleaning the centrifugal oil filter and it was so caked in thick horrible black crap it was quite a painstaking job lol. Came up nicely though afterwards and got to use a new seal I ordered months back!

We decided to take another look at the tappets and sorted them all out... on first run the tappety noise went completely but the timing was way out after the distributor got knocked when refitting the rear panel and engine mount and it was a struggle to start... whipped the strobe out and got it roughly timed back up and I couldn't resist taking it for a quick run to see how it behaved... I think the timing might not be set to the correct notch though still as my dad did it in a rush to get the drive back so will be taking another look tomorrow. But the tappets seem to be making a little noise again, although nowhere near where they were.

Seems to be a slight intermittent smoking at the minute... perhaps running too rich, but if the timings not right and we need to reset the idle rpm then it might be the cause? Hoping the new valve stem seals aren't naff :).[/URL]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 11:09:10 PM by poxxxy »
My 1991/2 Fiat 126 BIS Restoration: http://club126uk.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=8559.90

thepuddlejumper

« Reply #236 on: July 08, 2014, 11:43:16 PM »
I took the Gamine down for an MOT today, initial fail with one headlight aim low and the side indicator on the wasn't working. Angela called to let me know so a quick trip to the garage to sort out the problems, bad earth for the side indicator and a quick adjustment of the headlight and she passed. What a great feeling driving home, she only did 123 miles last year. Hope to do more this year.
Ralph

stuey

• Subscribers
« Reply #237 on: September 21, 2014, 10:37:11 AM »
Put the black edging in and started test bolting my perspex windows in to the car-

still cant work up the enthusiasm to do the filler work!

andyzeetec

• Subscribers
  • 126 BIS
« Reply #238 on: December 08, 2014, 01:51:39 PM »
Got the bis out the garage for a spin on sunny saturday, first time out in the cold, so first time used the heater and bllimmey does it get nice and toasty in the cabin, temp gauge sat just shy of the nominal half way. Tax runs out end of month, hopefully get a few more sunny day rides out before hand.   8)

Scarlettkitten

« Reply #239 on: December 08, 2014, 01:55:10 PM »
Put the old engine back in as I miss driving it soooooo much  :)
1990 126 BIS