Author Topic: Long road ahead...  (Read 6868 times)

Scouse_126

Re: Long road ahead...
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 01:32:05 PM »
Hi all,
This week the car has been stripped with a lot pencilled in for a sandblast. The doors are off and going too. Regarding the Windows of the door (Quarter light and drop down) is there anywhere I can get one piece windows to replace these as the metal framing has turned to dust which holds the windows.
Thanks all
Scouse

Gadge

• Subscribers
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 02:52:38 PM »
Not very easy (or even possible) as I’m sure the whole inner door frame is a different shape to fit the different window winder mechanism needed for the one piece set up. It must be a common problem as mine did the same so I got hold of a good second hand pair and covered them in anti rust paint.
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

Scouse_126

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 06:39:04 PM »
Thanks Gadge, if I could get the one piece windows I was going to modify with electric windows, I have looked to get replacement parts for the quarter light windows and Axel Gerstl and Ricambio are telling me that they no longer produce the required part. I've even checked for second hand ones and they are like "Hens teeth" to find. I feel a bit more head banging coming on....
Scouse

thepuddlejumper

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 11:56:27 PM »
Scouse, you can get the el windows and doors off eBay, on occasion. This is I believe is the model without the 1/4 windows. I have started to convert a standard door to take the one piece window. I will be using the electric controllers out of a cinq. Not gotten very far though as too many projects. There is a lot of fabrication required to get it to work.

Ralph

Scouse_126

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 09:10:14 AM »
Thanks Ralph, I'll keep an eye on that for any coming up. I have just had an email off Ricambio who have 'found' what I need in full kit form including the quarter light, the rubbers, the fixings, the catch and the frame, with VAT IS £145 each. Unless I can source them from elsewhere, I feel I'll have to bite the bullet and get them and a free divorce included...
Scouse

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 12:06:49 PM »
If you are talking about the the quarter light frames I have a pair of used hen's teeth here  :)

Scouse_126

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2017, 11:31:54 PM »
Thanks to Rusty's Uncle the project continues!
Thanks Dave 👍🏻