Author Topic: It's snow funny...  (Read 3178 times)

Darrell

• facebook profile
Re: It's snow funny...
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2010, 10:50:31 PM »
Snow arrived here last nite in Southampton. Had about 6 inches so mine ended-up with a big hat of snow.
She fired strait-up and warmed her till there was snow left on it (well took it off)
Doesn't seem to make good snow balls this snow but dont think I'll be going anywhere soon :-X
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

bis13

« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 08:31:10 AM »
we got it yesterday and i awoke to find that the car was well covered so i engaged the use of my special "demister fan/heater" (actually a household heater...) and thawed the car out then drove from godshill to newport with no one on the roads and at every chance kicked the back out just for fun the 126 is probably my fav car ever for driving in the snow and can hold good speed with control on the slippery stuff even better than my old golf, when i got to where i work i could not help but go round the local roundabout four times seeing how far i could get it to kick out without spinning on the third time round i found that i was being watched by the local police sitting across the road....they didnt seem to mind from the big smiles and i didnt get a rollocking.. the down side is its all now turned to ice so thats put a hold to playtime for the moment, i shall see if this snow is any good for making an igloo..

kitten75

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2010, 09:49:35 AM »
It's now -9 here so the snow that was on the car is now frozen solid - tomorrow's job is to try and defrost the wee thing...any suggestions?

By the way, it's my birthday today and i'm sooo excited!!!

M

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2010, 11:57:27 AM »
Happy birthday kitten  [-/ [-/ [-/ [-/ [-/

I havnt tried my 126 yet ...might just do that after Bis13's fun :oops:

kitten75

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2010, 01:02:09 PM »
Thanks Darrell!! I love birthdays!

Bis13's fun has inspired me to be a bit brave and try and take the car out tomorrow too...

Mhairi

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 01:37:32 PM »
Just been out in mine and it's ok  :P

One thing though, take it easy on the icy stuff, leave it in first and dont be tempted to brake around corners as they slide very easily on the fron end under braking.

I went round a corner with the brakes on a bit and found it lost steering and started to head for a parked car. Took the foot off the brake and she gripped and went round no problem.

The only roads that are now a problem in this ares seems to be my own! The rest are clear!

kitten75

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 02:59:24 PM »
Great stuff - yes my street is the worst ever and unless some kind neighbour has cleared it i've no chance of getting out.  At the least I'll try and start him up and clear as much snow/ice off him.  I'm a bit worried he's not going to start at all as that'll be a week since he was driven...

On another note, what you getting me for my birthday?  A new petrol cap by any chance?!   [-/ Kidding.

M

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 04:16:12 PM »
Yes I been digging, there is one other spot it can be which I will pull apart tomorrow.

Unfortunately my workshop is a little crammed at the moment as I've put the two bikes in it as I had to replace an exhaust system on the yzf6 this year  :- think they dont like sitting outdoors all winter. :oops:

kitten75

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2010, 04:35:07 PM »
I was just kidding!  I'm probably going to snap another key trying to get into the car tomorrow!!

Right, I'm off to the pub for birthday drinks...

:D

1973/126

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2010, 10:02:21 PM »
 Hey M. happy birthday. So is it 76 now? ;) I`ll have a look for a petrol cap tomorrow.

We had about this much snow. Unfortunately no 126 to drive which is a shame, as my girlfriends boring German company car was absolutely useless. ESP, ABS and all the bull.... just makes it worse.

Mick I like your roundabout story. What is it with you and the police?
1972 Fiat 500
1980 Fiat 126

bis13

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 11:05:28 AM »
i think it is more the car than the driver....if it was me on my own i would be nicked straight off! as for brakes darrel i dont use them in the best of conditions they aint up to much anyhow so i have got used to just using them to pull up!

Madd

• Poland
    • Street-Roulette
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 02:06:47 PM »
It's my Elegant. One under snow day...

Fiat 126 RHD & BOSMAL :) in Poland

Instagram: @madd.moss

kitten75

« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 03:59:07 PM »
Ha ha 1973/126 - very funny!  One year older today...boo.

Good news is I spent the morning clearing the car of snow (with a horrendous hangover) and after 3 or 4 attempts it started !!  Absolutely amazed and very proud of the ilttle thing!  I can't move it cos it's still snowed in but pleased it started..

Hopefully the thaw will begin now as i am missing driving him so much!!

Mhairi

gsxr126

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2010, 01:35:09 AM »
Snow might be a pain in the bum, but reading Micks story i would welcome it here. If i were to do that at a roundabout the cops would confiscate my car, charge me about $2000 worth of fines, and confiscate my liscence for about a year.

Have to agree Mick. For such a short wheelbase they handle the sideways action really well.
The Good - White Niki all Std Daily Driver, The Bad - Black Niki GSXR1300 BMW diff & suspension, The Ugly - Red Niki quietly Rusting In Peace