Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 2191 times)

Italia Classic

• Subscribers
Suggestions
« on: January 30, 2018, 11:10:42 PM »
Hi all,
I think one of the most enjoyable parts of owning a classic car is meeting up with owners of the same and other classic cars
Due to this I have spent a little while today trawling for events, as I have always enjoyed attending shows and events and meeting and learning from new people
As I understand it there are a fair few 126's in my local area of Yorkshire, and it would be awesome to get a little representation and maybe show how cool the 126 is and put Club126UK out there so to speak, seeing as we're open to everyone- owner or just a fan
This is just a little list of events that I hope be attend, with or without the car, and maybe some of the websites will be helpful for finding local events for you

http://www.ovte.co.uk/default.html
https://www.steamheritage.co.uk/steam-rallies-and-events/event/classic_vehicle_rally
https://www.steamheritage.co.uk/steam-rallies-and-events/event/burnley_classic_vehicle_show

I hope this helps,
All the best in your own 126 adventures
Joe Brown
Joe Brown
1998 Fiat 126p ELX
[email protected]
-----------------------------
Fix
It
Again
Tomorrow

Bar Vitelli

• Subscriber VIP+
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 02:36:54 PM »
Hi Joe,

It would be great to meet up in our 126s in a couple of months once the weather is dry and the salt is off the road! The car shows are not really my thing but I'm always up for a local 126 social catch up!

Poco on Kirkstall Road in Leeds is a good place to meet up for delicious Sicilian street food with free parking nearby. The Sparrow on North Parade in Bradford does nice nibbles and you can usually park for free outside if you time it right. Halifax is the other option wth the newly opened Alexandra Bar one of my favourites. You can park outside and get a window seat to keep an eye on your car and watch people walk by taking pictures!

Let me know if that sounds any good to you and let's see if we can get a 126 catch up sorted for late March or early April!

😎
Every cloud has one...

Gadge

• Subscribers
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2018, 03:52:30 PM »
Don’t forget autoitalia at brooklands at the end of May :thumbup
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

drcdb15

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 07:13:06 PM »
I think Joe had in mind something a little more northern than Brooklands, Gadge (though for me in deepest Sussex Brooklands *is* somewhere in the far north, or as we sometimes call it, Surrey  :P  )

Seriously, Joe you might also want to check out this site: http://www.classicshowsuk.co.uk/index.asp though personally I find it lists *so* many events I kind of get overwhelmed and the old eyes glaze over...  :$

Gadge

• Subscribers
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 09:41:36 PM »
Nonsense drcdb15 they're  made to be driven!  :P a blast down the M1 from Leeds to Weybridge will do it the world of good!....... Your body might hate you though  :D
FOR LACK OF A BETTER NAME

GET SOCIALBLE.  Instagram me on _gadge_ ;D

Italia Classic

• Subscribers
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2018, 10:08:59 PM »
Haha Gadge!  ;D
I've just got to make sure I can leave a few months for the actual start of restoring the car  :D
I'll do my best to make it to as much as I can, and thanks for the suggestion drcdb15!
Joe Brown
1998 Fiat 126p ELX
[email protected]
-----------------------------
Fix
It
Again
Tomorrow

Xylaquin

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2018, 10:20:47 PM »
I'm with Gadge on this one. I've always been amazed at how timid folk (not just on this forum) are at the prospect of travelling more than 2 hours. Just stick in some ear plugs and enjoy all the waves, smiles and attention you get on your motorway road trip :D

Mind you, I suppose the event has to be worth the effort.