Author Topic: crashed my panda  (Read 6289 times)

The Laird

Car Accident
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »
Hi,

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago before I emigrated. the ' culprit ' and his insurance tried to fob me off saying that the car was not worth repairing. It was a G reg Citroen AXGT low mileage in very good nick owned from new. I refused their offer and just told them it was a LEGAL OBLIGATION to put the car back to the condition it was in before the accident, if not I would sue them through the county court. I suggest you do the same you can get advice from your local court or you can do it all on line.
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

I also took the opportunity to get the bodyshop to touch up a few little rust marks at the same time.

DO NOT LET HIM GET AWAY WITH IT !!

THe Laird of Gozo

nrg19uk

im so glad
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2005, 04:35:09 PM »
im so glad i have gone througth the insurance now the arsehole as gone a said that i was the one who caused the accident to his insurance so i have got on the phone to my insurance and they are dealing with it!!! wat a idiot he jumped the red light i have a witness and hes trying to say its my fault i got on the phone to him from getting of the phone from his insurance i said to him wats going on you admited to jumping the light you was even going to pay for the damage on my car and now your saying its my fault. he said the insurance company told him that he shouldnt have said nothing at the scene..
i think the idiots trying to pull a fast one my cars busted up hes getting his fixed
Neil gargaro

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
crashed my panda
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2005, 04:42:16 PM »
thats quite common for the other insurance company to tell the driver not to admit to liabilty.
If you did report it to the police I hope they take it up with him for driving without due care and attention, which will strengthen your claim.
Good luck!
C
 :)

fiatfsm

crashed my panda
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2005, 12:29:04 PM »
Whatever you do, dont phone him again, as he will tell his insurers you are harrasing him! Do you have legal cover? If so they will sort it all out and Im sure youll be fine. Couple of years ago I hit a dog which was loose off its lead on a main road, the owners lived nearby and blamed me saying I was going too fast. The dog survived and my insurers considered me blameless and claimed on the owners house insurance! They did say not to contact the owners, even to ask how the dog was doing as this can throw the case back at you apparently.
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

nrg19uk

hi
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2005, 03:40:25 PM »
apparently i didnt have legal cover. i thought i did but they said they will fight it for me :) thanks for the advice about not phoneing him. cheers for all your support and advice guys :)
Neil gargaro

maxlee

• http://www.trampdrift.com
crashed my panda
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2005, 03:17:58 AM »
ok i had this problem a fue weeks back

take the money it is easyer

as for the police they only want to no if some one is badly hurt
and it should be reported with in 24 hours
i went in 3 times to try and got the same anser 3 times "erm no you dont need to tell us if every one is ok" what it comes down to is they dont want the paper work

:oops:  ok just read the above post dont worry

good luck
TrampDrift its for winners

gorilly

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
Re: crashed my panda
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2006, 11:47:43 PM »
Quote from: "nrg19uk"
so im not sure wat i should do take the 500 pound for the panda or go througth the insurance that i had said its only a 100 pound car what i paid for it. also im unemployed at the mo so im not going to get loss of earnings. but the car is fully comp

what shall i do?

insurers offer market value for any car regardless of what you have said the price of the car was.

also saying the car was cheaper when getting insured shouldnt have made any difference it it was under a grand.

sorry to hear it mate, hope you get well..

i would wait for the money!

you could buy another panda and get it leathered out with the cash
problems with your pc?
www.ccleaner.com (be clean!)
www.mozilla.com (get firefox for safer browsing)
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html (spybot to get rid of those nasties)

PaulB

crashed my panda
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2006, 01:31:17 PM »
Wait or the money. If you were late reporting it was because you didn't know the rules and were in shock.

The police have to make a report if there ws an injury, which there was. The driver should be prosecuted anyway for running lights. Bad enough in a Panda - in a 126 things could have been much worse, and in a 500 you've the petrol tank above your knees. If it was a bike or ped then it would have been a disaster.

I say wait more to ensure the idiot is dealt with - the money is another matter - give it to charity if you don't want it (as if... :))

kurt green

crashed my panda
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2006, 11:06:23 PM »
Hi

I think as you go through life there are many frustrating incidents that you will have to endure and cope with. The damage to your Panda is unfortunate and very annoying but it is just a car, however loveingly looked after and cherished. The main thing is you have walked away virtually unhurt and so did the other guy.
Its normal for people to say sorry when they have caused an incident and then get home and change their mind because by then, they have had time to think about it and realise its going to cost them! Human nature unfortunatley.
The other driver will not change his style of driving because of this. I would advise you to forget about the whole thing and start looking out for another mint Panda, a much more pleasant past time :D

Kurt