Author Topic: "The Celebrity Effect" :) how much attention does your 126 get!??  (Read 6655 times)

Bolek

I have NEVER had more attention than when driving my 126 :D   

people waving from cars….   pedestrians circling the parked car , taking photos, sometimes even waiting until I get back to ask me questions lol

super fun to drive when you are feeling outgoing!

do you guys also get this?

Xylaquin

Re: "The Celebrity Effect" :) how much attention does your 126 get!??
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 07:53:45 PM »
Oh yeah definitely. I even made a collage of the times I've returned to the car park and caught some passers-by checking it out. One time at IKEA some guy asked if he could pose in it whilst I took a photo.

mintex

• Subscribers
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 09:09:37 PM »
Yep, ive had loads looking,  waving,  wanting pictures.  It always gets attention lol  :D
Dave

Frigorius

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 12:59:07 PM »
Due to it's color (the Italian flag) and it's noise (which I was able to reduce by more than 18 decibel during the restauration), people hear and see you come from miles away. Especially children are very enthousiastic. The attention it gets makes every ride special and extra-enjoyable.

The only disadvantage is that the police likes my car too... They'll take every change to stop me, ask my papers to make sure I'm allowed to go on the road, ...

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 06:21:24 PM »
Well, over here since the are thousands of fiat 126 its normal to people eyes :D, but sometimes people approach me to ask me were do i buy the parts, since i have some ones that are rare here ... when i tell them that they are original form Poland you can see the expression on their faces  :yikes :yikes :yikes :yikes, something like that :)

drcdb15

« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 05:11:48 PM »
I hope you are getting your car ready to parade for Obama's visit. With the Pope having made such a hit in the USA by using a Fiat 500 we have high hopes that we will see Obama touring around Havana in a 126.... so make sure your car is highly polished and shining in the sun, and send us photos of him on his tour around the city ... that should get some attention for your 126 !!

;)

Bolek

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 12:52:40 AM »
Xylaquin - I like your photocollage! haha i should do same

AvB - nice colour :D  i saw a few "polacos" in Varadero last year and chatted with the owners … very cool :)

I have also been pulled over by the police here in Canada (Quebec) when I took delivery of the car, they stopped me just to ask what the hell it was :)

definetely not a car to drive when you want to have a quiet day lol

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 10:37:37 AM »
Yes, my 126 gets lots and lots of attention. It makes people smile. Tourists catch a moment at traffic lights to take a photo. I get loads of waves, and the thumbs up. I get a bit nervous when people wait for you to come back to the car.

One time I noticed a driver driving a bit recklessly behind me. The caught up with me in traffic by driving on the bus lane. I thought road rage? No. He was smiling, He asked me to open my window and said, "I love your car to bits, I'd like to buy your car! How much?". I raised five fingers (my not for sale price). He looked, gave me the thumbs up. I drove away. He turned the opposite direction. Bizarre.

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2016, 09:22:04 PM »
I hope you are getting your car ready to parade for Obama's visit. With the Pope having made such a hit in the USA by using a Fiat 500 we have high hopes that we will see Obama touring around Havana in a 126.... so make sure your car is highly polished and shining in the sun, and send us photos of him on his tour around the city ... that should get some attention for your 126 !!

;)

Hahahaha, Obama came in "The Beast" LOL :D, his visit was a turning point over here, hope is for the better!!!

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2016, 09:22:46 PM »
Xylaquin - I like your photocollage! haha i should do same

AvB - nice colour :D  i saw a few "polacos" in Varadero last year and chatted with the owners … very cool :)

I have also been pulled over by the police here in Canada (Quebec) when I took delivery of the car, they stopped me just to ask what the hell it was :)

definetely not a car to drive when you want to have a quiet day lol

Yes, in Varadero are many Fiat 126, we dont let them die never!!!

Bolek

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2016, 03:41:47 AM »

I'm curious - where do you guys get parts for your 126 in Cuba ?    Could you order them from Poland all these years or…..   ?  :)

drcdb15

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2016, 08:52:22 PM »
Hahahaha, Obama came in "The Beast" LOL :D, his visit was a turning point over here, hope is for the better!!!
[/quote]

When they brought The Beast to London they had a "turning point" of their own...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh21YH9lHsQ

and of course in Dublin in Ireland another limo in Obama's fleet (some say it was The Beast but the US Secret Service say it was merely a "spare limo") got stuck. We like to think it ran aground because it was too long but again the official version is more mundane - "mechanical failure".  Well judge for yourself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl25S7hy8mo

Whatever the truth might be, I think those of us in this Club can see quite clearly he'd avoid all these problems if only he's use a sensible car, like the 126. Then he could take a whole fleet of "spares" with him!

You should write to him, explaining this, and offer your car for his next visit...

:D

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2016, 10:51:06 PM »

I'm curious - where do you guys get parts for your 126 in Cuba ?    Could you order them from Poland all these years or…..   ?  :)

Well... believe it or not, i know 2 cuban-polish friends, that are originally from Poland but came here during the time of the Soviet Union maaaaaaaaaaany years ago , and now they travel to their home country and bring back many many parts , but prices are extremelly high!! .. myself ive got the parts directly from Piotross via my father that lives in Spain :) ..
We cannot order parts from another country due to the Embargo, we cannot pay with credit cards, or make any transaction because many services like Paypal bans Cuba, and neither we can buy stuff at ebay, they clearly say that no shipping to Cuba is allowed .. i really hope this changes in a short time .. lets see then what happens??? xD

AvB

• Subscriber VIP+
    • Club 126UK
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2016, 10:54:56 PM »
hey drcdb15 , i think its going to be a long time for another US President to Visit us , last time it took 88 Years!!! ahahah :D .. but i may try to do what you say, maybe ill appear the front page of the New York Times? LOL xD

when will you friends of this club visit my Country??? Before its tooooo late :D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 10:58:02 PM by AvB »

Kent126

• Closer every day to getting on the road....
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2016, 01:39:07 PM »
I used to find driving around Maidstone in my old car amusing. There is quite a large Polish community in Maidstone and they actually go mad in the street when they see a 126 on the road. Its quite funny when they are chasing you down the road and taking photos  ;D

Tom
1974 Italian Fiat 126 TA
1996 Fiat Cinquecento Sporting
2008 Fiat Panda 100HP