Author Topic: Door transplant !!!!  (Read 3772 times)

gserghiou

Door transplant !!!!
« on: October 28, 2007, 01:39:40 PM »
Hi, i couldnt finda suitable subforum area to post this and i am posting it here....

Im in the process of sorting out the 126 i got....

striped the seats,m carpeting, scraped off the UNDERSEAL someone had done the floors (or is it original from factory???)  scrabed the floors with the anglegrinder wire brush and its ready for its hammerite pain ttomorow....

meawhile i was trying to sort out the passenger side window mechanism when found out that the door had began surface rust....

i can get hold of FSM left door... Will the FSM door fit the 126 77' model italian car ?????

Also while i was at the scrabyard i also found a bis which had one good door...the drivers side...Once again, will the BIS driver door fir my 126 Italian version ????

Please help me....i really want to get these doors as they are in good nic and the cars they are attached to are a waste !!!!!

Thanks,

George
(Cyprus)

bis13

Door transplant !!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 03:01:01 PM »
they will fit but the rub strips/ trim are in different places along with the position of the wingmirrors .

gserghiou

Door transplant !!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 05:31:19 PM »
ok....i see what you mean....

so i either get hold of full FSM trim for both sides and put FSM doors on and make new holes for rear fender trims -block the old fender holes,

or get FSM doors,  keep original trim, make new holes on door and block the old ones...

i will see what my wife things about the trim and i will have a look at the donor car trim condition adn i will make up my mind....

also the mirror position doesnt look much of a problem....

Now...what is the best way to block the holes ???? should i have bits of metal sheet spot welded and then bodyfiller the holes(using the welded metal sheet as backing) or is there any better more durable way of doing it ????

Thanks,

George
(Cyprus)

bis13

Door transplant !!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 03:48:50 PM »
if you go down the blocking upholes route you might as well get rid of them all along the car for a cleaner look.

gserghiou

Door transplant !!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 04:38:29 PM »
I think im going to wait to see what my wife thinks as to how she likes the trim....126P style, FSM style or 'original' no trim style and i work from there.

thanks...

George
(Cyprus)

bis13

Door transplant !!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2007, 04:29:16 PM »
sounds like the wife is boss ...same as here mate!!!

gserghiou

Door transplant !!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2007, 04:53:23 PM »
Ill do ANYTHING For my wife........................................

TO KEEP HER OFF MY BACK !!!!!!!!!! :wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :twisted:  :twisted:  :twisted:

George
(Cyprus)

P.S Oh i hope she does not read this  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: