Author Topic: Barchetta 595 - Fiat 126 based Kit Car.  (Read 13533 times)

Club1n

• Subscribers
    • Hit me up on Facebook!
Re: Barchetta 595 - Fiat 126 based Kit Car.
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2017, 03:11:52 PM »
From what I remember it was a really lovely looking car and from the sellers description it was well looked after so the running gear should be good.

I actually found a picture of it whilst I was browsing around on here, it was immaculate!

Will post pictures when we go and collect it on the 3rd!

1978 Works Fiat 126 Rep.

Xylaquin

« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2017, 08:13:20 AM »
Dixie was looking for that last year!

dixie

• Fiat 126bis 1988 'Barnaby'
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2017, 08:21:03 AM »
Hi all. Yes J was. Can the new owner get in touch please

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

dixie

• Fiat 126bis 1988 'Barnaby'
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2017, 10:31:17 AM »

Hi. Could Matti get in touch please. I owned this car a while back and would like to know how it is. I will also try to fill any details of its past if interested.

Club1n

• Subscribers
    • Hit me up on Facebook!
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2017, 04:43:34 PM »

Hi. Could Matti get in touch please. I owned this car a while back and would like to know how it is. I will also try to fill any details of its past if interested.

Sent you an email Dixie, will send you a PM too. :)

1978 Works Fiat 126 Rep.

drcdb15

« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 02:42:35 PM »
the only physical address given is Malvern Glass Fibre's, in Hanley Swan - the very firm which the eBay advertiser says has no links with BVD.

As it happens, I have a base in that area so when I am next up there in a couple of weeks I'll pop in to the MGF place to see if I can see what's what - might even get a glimpse of these famous Barchetta moulds !!
Well... what do you know ? Guess what *I*'ve seen....

As of yesterday, 27 December, the moulds are at MGF, stored inside, and the moulded body shell is sat rather forlornly on a steel jig, outdoors. It's been marked up with marker pen in various areas, with bits sawn out and taped over and so on, so obviously some work has been done in offering up parts like the steering column, instruments, steering rack and the like, but it looks rather abandoned as though nothing has been done very recently.

The place was all locked up for the holiday, so I was unable to find anyone to speak to to find out the current state of play, but as I say, it didn't look much like there was any active work on the project at present. And being sat outside with sawn sections exposed to the rain won't be doing the moulding any favours in terms of paint finish in future years  :cry:

Club1n

• Subscribers
    • Hit me up on Facebook!
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2018, 05:26:11 PM »
Today was a good day! Bill at Malvern Glass Fibres is a really nice guy (thought i'd get that out straight away) came and met up with us even though he was dying of man flu.

Firstly, the Barchetta body was around the back;

Next to the Barchetta body was a tarp;

Under said tarp there was the sorry remnants of the 126- we loaded up which was a nightmare trying to back the trailer down the narrow entrance.. so we gave up and pushed the car along the drive, surprisingly easy with no body (minus the razor sharp edges!);

I did however manage to get a glimpse of the infamous Barchetta moulds, which (from what bill said) he uses to make those man cave tables, without cutting actual cars in half.. which I thought was pretty neat!

And in his/her final resting place for a couple of days before I pull it's heart out;

From what Bill said, the project was never completed because the Barchetta body didn't fit.. From what I've observed from the car, it was never going to work out, too much body was cut off, I have no clue how it could've been successfully mounted onto the 126 with it being safe.. The car is like a big jelly cube. At least a couple of good things came out of today, Sometime 2018 the rally 126 will be thundering down the backroads of Staffordshire thanks to OYC, and I met Bill, and he was a really nice man- he made us cups of tea because it was very cold.. :D

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 12:05:58 AM by Club1n »

1978 Works Fiat 126 Rep.