Author Topic: 126Bis Restoration By a Beginner... (Engine Rebuild Finished)  (Read 19935 times)

Hazey-n-Marc

• It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes

naboula01

Re: 126Bis Restoration By a Beginner... (Engine Rebuild Finished)
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2012, 04:25:23 PM »
Thanks for your advices Hazey and uncle but i resolved this pump problem quite strangely... Well the next day i just tried to run the car, and awkardly the pump worked!!! I think the "bubbles" or air may be caused by foam formed in the gas tank, maybe while putting gas or anything else... Anyway yesterday as i said i tried to run the car but it just didn't started. I mean there was a "click" but the starter didn't worked after some quite effort i sent the starter to an electrician who told me that the starter need welding(you know some of the coils were detached or something like that)(i also think of changing the starter, with an original one or from another car, anyone did that before?).
Anyway i just installed the starter and will try it in a couple of hours(i really don't have time for the car now i have exams...  :( ).
Also yesterday i tried to bump-start the car without the starter and starngely nothing happened!!! i mean the pump was working fine but there was not any ignintion, can this be caused because there were not the starter?

Hazey-n-Marc

« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2012, 04:39:31 PM »
The starter does nothing when bump starting, used to drive a landrover in Wales with no starter, as long as it was on a hill there were no problems.

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2012, 06:48:20 PM »
When you take the starter motor off did you connect the 2 +wires together as they complete the circuit?
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

naboula01

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2012, 08:20:27 PM »
No i didn't... this is maybe why i'll try it tomorrow, i hope it will work...

naboula01

« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2012, 10:07:54 AM »
Just tried, the engine turn there is something "like" an ignition but it doesn't keep... There is surely a problem with ignition but i don't know if it is the distrib or solenoid, any suggestion to find out?

naboula01

« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2012, 10:50:33 AM »
By the way, i just checed the spark plugs wires, i put a screwdrive in it and tried to run the car to see if they were electricity, and yes there is. So i came to this conclusion :
1-They current isn't enough, maybe the linkage are wrongly done, since i don't know anything about electricity.
2-The distrib or carb or something else config is wrong.
I'd like to here more advice if any, i hope it will work today... :(

Hazey-n-Marc

« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2012, 01:27:45 PM »
Is the petrol new? Petrol goes off, if it is too old it will not work.
Can you find an electrical petrol pump? The mechanical pumps have to be in exactly the right place for tge actuator rod to operate the pump correctly, I am impressed with the wooden mounting block, but think it could cause problems. Could also be the pump diaphragm, they degrade when not used for a long time.

Marc

naboula01

« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2012, 01:56:43 PM »
Thanks again Hazey, as i said Hazey the pump is OK now, it just work fine i i replaced the wooden by the original one and it ok now. I've only a problem with the ignition now, and i don't know what is it :S

naboula01

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2012, 04:23:05 PM »
it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o
video soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Bar Vitelli

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2012, 04:27:46 PM »
Well done Naboula...your determination is an inspiration!  Look forward to seeing your video!  ;D
Every cloud has one...

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2012, 04:32:52 PM »
Well done young man   :D, that is a great effort and result . So that is one exam you have passed , hope you get good results in the others  :)

Emin

« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2012, 05:25:28 PM »
Congratulations!..

naboula01

« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2012, 05:19:32 PM »
So as promised here is videos of my car's first run...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OD4tY_sseA[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLB7L9HoY34[/youtube]

Sorry i couldn't update earlier i had an exam yesterday it was.... quite good, i hope :S
Anyway i have another exam saturday and i really need to work on this one also, so i don't think i'll be able to work on my car this week... However i might be able to upload the last photos of it. Thanks to everyone for your supports  :$

naboula01

« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »
It has been a while since i didn't updated this post :D
Anyway here i am again, with my MiniBlueDragon(yes it is its name :D )
So after i started the car the last time i had a problem with the transmission's linkage flexible coupling(the thing between the gearbox and the lever). Anyway the problem was the 1st and 2nd gear just didn't get in, the rear and 3rd and 4th were okay we checked everything until i remembered a post, so i checked the linkage, and saw that the hole for the bolt on it were too big, i filled it in someway(i used copper pipe) and it was okay, so i just hit the road!!! After like 2 km the car just stopped. The engine was running but the car wasn't moving!!! After a couples of check i noticed that the flexible joint just riped off!! so I bough 2( better to change both even if not needed) flexible joint and just finished to intall them yesterday.

I still can't run the car. Some electrical problem, it is getting me crazy. It look like the car in't making enough electricity to make a spark on the spark plugs. I will get new spark plug and spark plug linkage to check them. But i think it it due to the coil :s

Sorry i don't have many photos this time  ::)