Author Topic: 126 to chop up and make in to a bush basher / off road buggy for the kids  (Read 9393 times)

robinoz

hi this is my project and the story of my 126 bush basher /off road buggy i bought this car after a search for something for the kids to drive about and wreck i spotted it under a varahnda in tambarine mountain queensland and thought great this is ideal small enough for the kids so i knocked on the door asked the lady if it was for sale it was but hadnt ran in 10 years and she had a spare 1 aswell for spares that was crash damaged she told me it was her ex husbands and 1 day it went bang and stoped working so for $300 i got the 2 got it home all the parts were there so i put the head on fresh fuel and it worked very rough as parts of the piston rings were missing and i know now tappets timming distributor wernt set right but i got it going any after driving for a few minites it back fired and stoped working like it done 10 years ago but i got it going again and turned the engine off to end on a good note ,  i was pleased about as the most id ever done to a car was change a spark plug when i was 17,

the problem was while i drove around the garden and tinkerd with the engine  i fell in love with it thought  this is cool would love to drive it on the road its too good to chop up as the only bit of rust is the size of my thumb nail so my resto begins like i said the most i ever done was change a spark plug so every thing ive done to the car has been self tought and alot of reading on this site

25000 km on the clock
new gear box at 17000 km
enginge rebuilt 17000 km
engine rebuilt properly 18000km thats what it says in the handbook

robinoz

pics

robinoz

pics

robinoz

pics

robinoz

pics

robinoz

gearbox compleatly striped and checked cleaned and sprayed

robinoz

pics

robinoz

pics

robinoz

engine striped cleaned checked and new pistons, barrels, rings gaskets timming chain and anything else it needed while i was waiting for parts i also polished head and other parts inside engine to get them smoth  havnt bothered painting engine yet ill wait till its in and running good then ill strip it out and do it

robinoz

time to start the body work i decided i liked the look with no bumpers

robinoz

body work

robinoz

body work

robinoz

time for some filler primer

robinoz

nore primer
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:01:52 AM by robinoz »

robinoz