Author Topic: Electronic Ä°gnition fit! Works GREAT!  (Read 8120 times)

mintex

• Subscribers
Re: Electronic Ä°gnition fit! Works GREAT!
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2015, 11:29:17 AM »
Learn from my mistake and keep a spare set of points in the car so you can change it back on the side of the road if it fails.. Mine ended up on a tow truck.

Thats not a good way to get home bud :(

Ive played it crafty and i bought a spare dizzy from a member on here and converted that so i still have a standard dizzy with points as backup  ;)
Dave

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2016, 05:46:29 PM »
These are great.
I had one of those fancy ones which has dip switches and curves, it did my head in...litterally overheated the car and did the head in!!
The one I have like this is brilliant.
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

alastairq

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2016, 03:19:35 PM »
There is a more 'expensive' kit to fit directly to a 126 Bis, from

http://www.distributordoctor.com/

I emailed the owner {Martin Jay] recently, and he has a kit for a Hall effect sensor, rotor, etc and fitting kit, for £131.82 + vat.

I suspect it will be made up by him to suit.

I have used one of his kits on a Ford sidevalve engine of mine...and  it is excellent.

The kit comes with hall sensor, ring, and mounting bracketry, probably meaning, a new base plate...all ready to fit.

{Certainly that's what I got for my Ford engine]....although the Ford item didn't cost as much as the above 126 ....probably a case of, numbers?

Good service, IMHO....and the items are top quality. [including some heat resistant grease for insulation...important on the Ford]

This firm also has produced [ in the uk] their own rotor arms for many applications, given the rubbish that has been coming out of China these past decades, for older vehicles]...with their high carbon cheap plastics. [leading to mysterious arcing & misfires]

If going the route of a crank sensor ..then it is possible to fit a completely mappable module, thereby tailoring the advance curve to entirely suit one's engine, with al its mods [Megajolt, for example??}

But that involves laptops, something I'm not entirely comfortable with.  :(