Author Topic: New Disc Brake Conversion Kit to Fiat 126 and BIS  (Read 13617 times)

Piotross

Re: New Disc Brake Conversion Kit to Fiat 126 and BIS
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 08:19:46 PM »
Every parts I am sending as a gift so there is no problems with tax for import in other country.

pietschokkenbroek I send you message
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:27:53 PM by Piotross »

dom.kellett

« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 09:55:44 PM »
I have seen somebody selling a lot like this one on eBay, £260 which is the same price with brembo pads, disc and caliper, anybody got an insight on which is best? Bosh or brembo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drcdb15

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 10:28:51 PM »
I saw that one too, and the eBay seller is highly praised elsewhere on Club126UK. As to which is "best" depends on what "best" it is you are talking about. The initial price may be the same (actually, at £225 Piotr is 15% cheaper) so one 'best' question is, how easy and pricey will it be to get new discs/pads when the first set wear out ?  I don't know the answer to this, but for myself I expect my mileage and demands of braking to be so low that I will wear out long before the brakes do. And with my car being so light, almost ANY disc/pad will be good enough to offer a substantial improvement to the braking (Ladislav reckons it might even be too much improvement!). On the other hand, if you are talking about your Scooby 1800 conversion, then braking efficiency might be a much more pertinent issue, regardless of replacement parts cost and availability. The Bosch discs seem to be plain whilst the Brembos *look* grooved and drilled and so on, so one might presume them to be of higher performance spec. But whether they actually are or not, or whether that grooving is just to make them look sexy, I cannot say.

dom.kellett

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2014, 02:58:52 PM »
Ahh right ok then, I'll have to do some research about the situation thankyou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rory126bis

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »
Thats my brake kit from Piotr arrived this morning and they look excellent!  :) Hopefully now the fiat will actually stop haha!

drcdb15

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2014, 12:27:56 AM »
So that's pretty much two full weeks delivery if they were dispatched on 27 October.  But well worth the wait if they live up to the promise  ;)

(Looks like I have at least another week to wait, then...  :cry:)

Rory126bis

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2014, 11:58:10 AM »
I did forget to mention I am very far up in the Scottish Highlands so I'd expect it to be with you in a bit less time than it took to get all the way up here  :)

Piotross

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2014, 10:03:07 PM »
There is not much difference if you install a set of Brembo brakes or Bosh brakes because the original brake master cylinder is so weak that the installation of any brake discs will benefit and improve braking. The Fiat 126 reaches speeds too small to grooved and drilled Brembo brakes use its potencial 100%. It is important that brake discs were simple and had no beatings. Every brakes systems are better if calipers have more than one pistons. In Fiat 126 there is a problem to instal calipers with two or more pistons because there is no pleace to install rim then. Set of Bosh brakes was tested by many users and there weren't bad opinions.

drcdb15

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2014, 11:23:19 PM »
@Rory, the Heilans are nae *that* far north, it's just the speed cameras on the A9 makes it seem that way  :(

By the way, does anyone know what's happened to the Members' Map? It seems to me that a number of members' locations (including mine) that were once marked have disappeared. Allegedly we have no-one north of Middlesborough (cue obvious jokes about why would anyone want to live north of Middlesborough...etc) [though those of us who have spent many years doing just that know the answer  ;)]

drcdb15

« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2014, 02:51:18 PM »
My disc brake conversion kit arrived today, that's 19 days from when Piotr told me he'd received the payment and would send the goods within a few days - so as with others, looks like a fortnight is about the regular overland shipping time. What can I tell you? The bits look good, all nice and new and shiny, and all very well packaged, I think half the annual Polish cardboard output must be in there  ;D

I transferred the money by PayPal so there was no hassle with banks or exchange rates, and all in all Piotr seems to understand the fundamental golden rule of sales - offer a good product at a fair price, and make it easy to buy and pay, and people will come back for more. I guess I am preaching to the converted on here, though d'oh  ::)

Many thanks, Piotr  ;)

Piotross

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2014, 10:56:52 AM »
Thnaks too :) I still have in stock rear brake disc adaptors to instal all set of brake disc on rear axle

Piotross

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2014, 06:54:47 PM »
Still have in stock 2 sets

Piotross

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2015, 08:49:31 PM »
UP!

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2015, 10:00:00 PM »
Do you still have a complete front disc kit in stock?

Piotross

« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2015, 10:46:06 PM »
Yes

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal