Author Topic: FIAT 126 BIS WITH A DIFFERENCE HONDA 1000 MOTORCYCLE ENGINE ROAD LEGAL ROCKET  (Read 1997 times)

bis13

read between the lines and you will realize the car is still registered as a 704cc so any insurance would be void in any form of accident claim, in the case of it being re registered as a motor bike engine d conversion i would be wary that it need to be looked at by Vosa and as it has had its monocoque altered and i think that it would have questions asked as to the strengthening etc that has been done to the car. the car has had a mot but i would wonder how it has passed as for one there is a fan that is un shielded on the side (fingers stuck in it etc) as the regulations have been changed i cannot see how it has got through other than it being a "friendly" mot center... the ad says that he needs a diesel to get to work... there is no way that  this car was ever made to be a daily driver to get to work!!! if this car is bought okay you may have a year driving around uninsured which may be fun but i think will end up expensive one way or another.

Hazey-n-Marc

• It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
If it only needs a fan cowl that isn't a lot, it says the MOT chap advised a cowl. The emissions would be tested as a CBR as long as there is documentary evidence of the original donor. I'm not sure how altered it is structurally.

dajwid

• Subscribers
read between the lines and you will realize the car is still registered as a 704cc so any insurance would be void in any form of accident claim, in the case of it being re registered as a motor bike engine d conversion i would be wary that it need to be looked at by Vosa and as it has had its monocoque altered and i think that it would have questions asked as to the strengthening etc that has been done to the car. the car has had a mot but i would wonder how it has passed as for one there is a fan that is un shielded on the side (fingers stuck in it etc) as the regulations have been changed i cannot see how it has got through other than it being a "friendly" mot center... the ad says that he needs a diesel to get to work... there is no way that  this car was ever made to be a daily driver to get to work!!! if this car is bought okay you may have a year driving around uninsured which may be fun but i think will end up expensive one way or another.

DITTO!!
Totally agree. Not much chance of driving it 100% legally as the seller is making out.

Hazey-n-Marc

• It's Hazey's car, she does let me fix it sometimes
This 100% legal thing is overrated  ;D

Amateb8

• Subscribers
It was too good to be true. Lots of these type of modifications on YouTube as well. I have yet to see a a road legal 126 with a Honda 1000 motorcycle.

bis13

dont get me wrong i am not saying this isnt a great little fun car but its not the easy drive that is described here it would be a brilliant hilll climb car for example.

Amateb8

• Subscribers
Auction price is now £2,050 and rising. Not bad. I think the car should be inspected by a professional company recognised by the DLVA due to the amount of modification done to the car. The car should undergo the same level of inspection akin to what a Category C car would get, to ensure that the car is 100% roadworthy (inspection certificate? Not sure what is called). As it stands, I am not sure it is 100% safe to drive and is also uninsurable with an inspection certificate or similar.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 11:29:32 PM by Amateb8 »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal