Fiat 126 Chat > Your Restorations

Fiat 126 -73 restoration [ Now: It's ALIVE...!!! :) ]

<< < (2/50) > >>

Tate:
I bought one 126 -74 which cost me 100euros including transportation. I think it was a bargain because I will get so many parts from that car:

Aaron:
Wow! that's quite a bit of welding you've done.  Starting to look good! ;)

Where was the rust in the orange one?  From the picture it looks OK.

What's the planned colour for the project when completed?

Tate:

--- Quote from: Aaron on October 21, 2011, 05:23:14 AM ---Wow! that's quite a bit of welding you've done.  Starting to look good! ;)

Where was the rust in the orange one?  From the picture it looks OK.

What's the planned colour for the project when completed?

--- End quote ---

Why I didn't build the car from the orange one? Yes.. It seems ok, but actually it's worse than this -73-. Basically there is rust everywhere. It looks good because the previus owner has painted it two years a ago, but under the nice paint it's so rusty..

The other reason is that "polski" 126's are not so collectable/valuable/popular at least here in Finland. People don't like those so much. Third reason is that it's easier to do MOT every year for -73 than -85 because for -73 you don't need to test the exhaust emissions. So basically there can come anything from the exhaust system if your car is so old in Finland :)

I haven't really desided the color of the car yet.

Emin:
Keep up the good work and pics coming. Good luck with the resto. All three look very nice!..

Tate:
Finished today welding the right side outer sill panel.

I have also made some purchases.

I also managed to find "new" doors for this car. They have been hanging in the wall of Fiat dealer in 80's. They have been stored in cold place so they are all over little bit of rust in the surface. However they are very solid.. Need only some kind of surface threatment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version