Author Topic: where are all the 126 parts!!  (Read 2213 times)

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
where are all the 126 parts!!
« on: January 20, 2006, 05:21:38 PM »
i rang middlebarton and ricambio today to get sump gasket, none in stock!!!! couldnt believe it,

franco from ricambio said BIS and aircooled 126 parts are being eaten up !! he reckons its the ful prices which are making them a cheap and desirable option! I think it us! we've made them even more appealing than they already were!!!
 :lol:

anyone who has a spare BIS sump gasket which their willing to sell, let me know will paypal cash to you. Otherwise not a prob, ricambio are stocking up!!!

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): fiat126club@gmail.com

Lewey

• http://www.hstudios.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 06:43:37 PM »
They certainly do seem to be rising in popularity.  It is interesting to see the number on eBay at the moment (13), lots seem to have been "stored in a mum's garage" and left for dead.  Suddenly they are for sale as someone said they might be worth something.  I think it must be driven by petrol prices.  I bought mine as an economical solution when prices were heading towards a £1 per litre.

They aren't rare, they are just all in garages rotting somewhere!

Chris Lakin

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 08:13:33 PM »
i wouldnt say they are just rotting, only have to look at Brett Moxoms earlyer 126 which was garaged for al those years, Brett said the old bloke used to tick it over once a week.

My BSI was garaged for 6 years!! but with head gasket blown which didnt do engine any good!

must be because of petrol prices then that so many are coming out of the wood work.

Chris

paul harbinson.

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2006, 10:51:18 AM »
I have'nt paid for petrol for a month,if I work a Saturday I get a fill up  :lol: he he
Dante Giacoso, pure genius!

fiatfsm

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 10:52:37 AM »
I dont think its petrol prices, its just that they have now just begun to go from old banger status to classic, and people are jumping on the bandwagon. As an economical runabout it doesnt make sense, because the maintanaince is high, and comfort low! A Panda can be just as economical or a Cinquecento without the rot problems too! I think people have been interested recently down to ebay mainly, as prices being fetched are higher than normal, especially for the BIS, and yes down to the club in some part. I would guess eventually that all these newly found BIS cars will dissapear in a couple of years, mechanical failiure and rust will see to that on the uncared for cars. It happened with the aircooleds about 6 years ago, then there were still loads about and all of a sudden they vanished. Now, most aircooleds are cherished cars, not runabouts like a lot of BIS cars. Hopefully with the club the surviving BIS will be loved and looked after for a long time as historically its Fiats last rear engined car and reliability aside a great concept.
1987 Fiat 126 FSM, alloys, clear lights, Polish tat accessories... love it!

gregs656

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2006, 12:27:33 PM »
i think your right

you look at any classic at the moment (bikes as well) and there are suprising amounts on ebay. It started a few weeks after christmas, and shows few signs of stopping!
The Hunt Continues. . .

Chris Lakin

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2006, 01:17:40 PM »
yes i agree with that!

the fact that cinquecento's are cheaper, faster more reliable confirms this!!

Lewey i know what you mean though, but if it was just for having an economical run around, what made you go for a 126. It must of been for the reason Barry stated "its just that they have now just begun to go from old banger status to classic" + ther fun and cute  :lol:

well for whatever reason people want them, im pleased we are seeing more people buying them, doing them up and seeing the on our roads!!!

Chris

gregs656

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 02:07:23 PM »
yer thats the good side of it

if it goes like most classics go, popularity just means expence.

The price of original parts goes through the roof!

but yer, good they're on the road.
The Hunt Continues. . .

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal