Author Topic: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW  (Read 2427 times)

Amateb8

• Subscribers
They knowingly sent the wrong mirrors! Then asked for a paper template to see whether they have something that matches the original mirrors.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390334851483&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_2805wt_1141

michaelodonnell500

Re: Avoid this website -FIAT 126 REPLACEMENT WING DOOR FLAT MIRROR GLASS NEW
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2011, 05:52:41 PM »
There was a string of replies to this thread which have been removed.
From what I understand the seller issued a full refund inc postage.
I think it might be unfair to warn everyone to avoid them if they refunded you.
Rust does not discriminate

gsxr126

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 12:12:47 AM »
Refund or not, they knowingly sent the wrong item and hoped for the best. I would regard that as an insult to my intelligence. Wasting time on mucking around to sort the problem would make me very shXXty as well. Amateb8 you have every right to be piXXed off
The Good - White Niki all Std Daily Driver, The Bad - Black Niki GSXR1300 BMW diff & suspension, The Ugly - Red Niki quietly Rusting In Peace

michaelodonnell500

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 09:58:28 PM »
Refund or not, they knowingly sent the wrong item and hoped for the best. I would regard that as an insult to my intelligence. Wasting time on mucking around to sort the problem would make me very shXXty as well. Amateb8 you have every right to be piXXed off

We all hate to have our time wasted. I have been there before and have been annoyed on many occasions with poor descriptions and dishonest items.

The listing describes replacement glass for a fiat 126. No year is stated

I can think of at least 4 different shapes of mirror during the UK production of the 126, there are probably more.

The seller has put on the site "PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU ORDER CORRECT MIRROR - IF IN DOUBT PLEASE ASK"

Given the lack of clarity over year of manufacture I think it would have been wise to have asked.

I'm not trying to annoy anyone here in perticular Amateb8 who had his time wasted. My point is simply that if the advert is vague, ask a question. If you don't ask , then you might have to expect that it's not what you wanted. The likelyhood is that mirror fits a 126, just not the one Amateb8 owns

If after all that, the guy gives you a full refund, then I don't think he has done anything wrong.

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 10:18:12 PM »
BRING BACK HANGING , that's what I think !!  >:(
Hanging with your mates that is  ;D  Get down to the 8 Ball Diner two weeks on Sunday  :D

Amateb8

• Subscribers
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 09:41:57 AM »
The truth is...... I actually sent them an email stating the make/model. They then replied that they should have it. In retrospect, the reply was vague. I think, bottomline, they should have been a tad honest and said perhaps, they may have something that fits BUT no guarantees and/or probably ask for a template of the mirror. But of course, then they would not be able to sell anything. I think many will probably not bother to make an effort to return the item, which I think was what the seller was hoping for. This is highly speculative, of course.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 09:43:40 AM by Amateb8 »

michaelodonnell500

« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 06:31:57 PM »
I see what you mean.
I've had a few dealings with companies who hav genuinely made a mistake, but from what you said, this is not one of them.
It's a shame there are companies out there.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal