Author Topic: Wiper Motor Woes  (Read 2083 times)

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
Wiper Motor Woes
« on: May 10, 2011, 06:55:15 PM »
The wiper motor just stopped working last week. No warning but as it has been on the car for 39 years & the car has covered over 100.000 miles so I should not be surprised. Did not look forward to the job mainly because of the very tight location up behind the fuel tank. I have a factory workshop manual which seems to say zilch about getting the motor off so it was a case of just undoing things then after blood , sweat & expletives got the old one off and replaced it with a good used 126 one which was identical. Sadly the wiper arm boxes are different as mine are a bit worn and the 126 ones do not fit. Blew one fuse when the spanner shorted out on the fuse box & one circlip went it's own way. I also found it impossible to refit the motor on it's bracket so got the bracket and linkage loosely in place then worked in the motor  ;D

Pete126

• Administrator
Re: Wiper Motor Woes
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:24:56 PM »
So are they working again? Its a wonder you got your sausage fingers under there ;D
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

bis13

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 09:16:21 PM »
pete he might of sandwiched them in.....

Darrell

• facebook profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 09:36:48 PM »
With the above description, think I had better hang-on to my spare wiper motor etc. ::)
'84 aircooled 126 & 500F still in kit form
Not the only African in the village :)

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 09:46:24 PM »
 ;D Yeah there was not mushroom in there but once I squeezed my chipolatas in there I did fry my hardest. There was no one to egg me on but once I got my hands dirty , they were # brown , I was soon bacon the task and the job was toast. Not yolking I am grilled with the result and full of beans  :P

Full english anybody or will it be continental ?  :P

Pete126

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 10:02:09 PM »
Nar I'll stick to Cornflakes :D
Pete.      il cavallo piccolo

Rusty's Uncle

• Subscriber VIP+
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 08:27:13 AM »
Wise move Darrell , I see that Ricambio are selling new wiper motors for just over £100 inc postage & that is just the basic motor , no fixings etc. I had a look inside my old motor and I can see that the brushes were worn out otherwise it all looks good.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal