Author Topic: Bye Bye Bella  (Read 1294 times)

UnaBellaDonna

Bye Bye Bella
« on: April 02, 2011, 06:28:18 PM »
 :cry:

It is with tremendous regret that I am to part ways with my little Bella. At 9am this morning, my wife, mother in law and sister in law were involved in a head on. Some tw*t hit the wife's Matiz head on, on the wrong side of the road, nearly killing all three of the girls. Shrek (the Matiz) gave his life in the crash. He did his job.

The girls are going to be OK (thank God) but it's made me evaluate my little 126 (nowhere near as safe as Shrek in a bump). I bought the car for me to enjoy with my family on nice days. To have a little trundle out and about. Having seen the carnage caused today to my family and the little Matiz, I can't justify taking my family out in such a little car. I sure wouldn't find pleasure in driving it by myself.

She'll be on offer to anyone in the club with a serious interest. If there is none then I'll offer her publically.

I'm gutted but am also eternally graeful to still have my wife. You guys on here have been tremendous fun and very helpful.

You are a great Club. ;D Simon

Simon 

nrg19uk

Re: Bye Bye Bella
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2011, 07:06:41 PM »
Crikey there are some idiots out there! It a shame those few idots tend to screw things up for most and yet never get punished themselves!   >:( I'm glad every one is ok and do hope you change your mind about selling, all thoe a 126 is small they are very robust little cars people on here rolling them, head on with other vehicles and the whole bonnet folds up! Even very recent one being pushed along by a lorry!!! And they have all walked away.

Good luck with the sale if you decide to sell and I hope the idiot driver gets what he deserves!
Neil gargaro

UnaBellaDonna

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 10:33:07 PM »
I know they can be robust but it's not a chance I want to take with my kids in it. With just me, meh!

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 11:24:41 PM »
I fully understand your reasons. Family safety must always come first, and thank god all your family are ok except your poor old matiz.

Most classic cars are nowhere as safe as their modern counterparts, this is a fact of life and you either except this or not, at the end of the day it's your own personal decision.

bis13

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 09:01:59 AM »
i send my best wishes to all your family and hope they have a speedy recovery from any injuries they have sustained, i fully understand your sentiments and sometimes think likewise about carting my lot about in the 126, best of luck in selling your car i am sure that will not take too long and good luck for the future. just because you are gettinmg rid of the 126 does not mean that you have to quit using the forum hust become a "virtual owner".....regards mick and family.

mcbonio

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 02:07:56 PM »

That's bloody awful, I hope your family are ok and that idiot gets what's coming.

As you know I'm looking for a white 126 myself, how much would you be asking?

Thanks,
Mcb

UnaBellaDonna

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2011, 04:57:25 PM »
Thanks everyone. ;)

McBonio, it's on Ebay and I paid big bucks for it, probably too much. Have a look to gauge the cost and talk to me if interested.

UnaBellaDonna

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2011, 10:20:04 PM »
She sold in a little over two hours.

Gutted  :cry: but wife is home  ;D.

Now, where's my tea woman?..................

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal