Author Topic: 126bis convertible  (Read 3534 times)

126convert

126bis convertible
« on: April 10, 2007, 11:14:13 AM »
white, no mot, pm me your tel number and i'll call you back
£250

126fan

126bis convertible
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 12:42:27 PM »
pm sent

edessex

126bis convertible
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 07:51:15 PM »
Location?

126convert

126bis convertible
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 08:27:24 PM »
I am in Uxbridge, West London. (And so is the car!)
I've taken a couple of pics with my phone, as I can't find my camera, and am happy to email them to anyone who is interested.
Cheers!

edessex

126bis convertible
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 08:38:44 PM »
pm sent

126convert

126bis convertible
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 10:15:05 AM »
OK, if anyone is interested, please let me know as soon as possible. I really need to get the car gone by this weekend 10.30am Saturday is the deadline) if at all possible.
so...I am open to offers.
On the basis that it goes to someone in the club (ie on this site), and so is kept on the road and not scrapped, I am willing to take a loss.

Make me an offer. I can only say no, and you can offset it against the cost of transporting it if you don't fancy driving it (I'm happy to lend a hand to get it started in my front garden, and I reckon it would go with a push start and a set of ignition leads (so bring the ones off your car to get it going, and replace later if needed).
Chris Lakin is literally 400 yards from my front door, so for a beer he may be willing to chip in with his knowledge too! (sorry to "volunteer" you for this Chris!
ANy takers? It would not take long to get it looking really great for the summer and beyond!

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
126bis convertible
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 10:51:49 AM »
yer im still in shock over the coincidence, when you said you were in NW London, i never thought you would be in the same road as me!

yes, Ive seen the car, looked over the engine and body work, engine looks in good condition, oil was a good colour, new fuel pump was on it. From what i saw it shouldnt take too much to get it back on the road.

I was tempted myself, especially for the summer months.

the person who buys it, is welcome to pop into my house, PM me i'll even have a go at trying to get it running.

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): fiat126club@gmail.com

edessex

126bis convertible
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 05:49:51 PM »
Pity your in Uxbridge... if you had been in NE London I might have stood a chance of buying it!  :sad:

toz

126bis convertible
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 06:26:00 PM »
go on chris get it bought,join me and david come to the dark side :lol:

bis13

126bis convertible
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 06:35:17 PM »
ed obstacles are only put in place to get around , if it was easy it would be boring uxbridge aint so far ..

edessex

126bis convertible
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 07:09:26 PM »
Now is where I wish I had bought that towbar for my Scirocco...
Driving a 126 with no tax or MoT and two bald tyres 70 odd miles including a nice M25 trip might get me a few nice points on my licence...

126convert

126bis convertible
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 07:43:36 PM »
Only if you're caught! :shock:

If you have a 126 already, you could bring the wheels with you, or buy some second hand, or borrow some?
As for the MOT, as long as you arrange an MOT near your house before you pick it up, it is legal to drive it to the MOT station (ie for a pre-arranged test). Of course, the route you take is up to you, and could be passed your house if you pick the station carefully. You might not even make it all the way there...
As for tax, of course you can't buy tax without an MOT, and so that base is covered.
Leaving only insurance. Does your policy cover Driving Other Cars? (DOC)? If so, you can legally drive it back as long as it does not belong to you, So we would be careful with the date of sale on the transfer.

How about that for overcoming an obstacle!!
Come on, you know it's a bargain..and I'll take an offer...

edessex

126bis convertible
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2007, 07:00:01 PM »
I'll admit it is possible... but not probable on such a tight deadline.

As for the driving other cars... no I can't as I'm too young, I need to add the car to my policy... I don't own a 126 yet so I would need to buy/borrow the wheels and tryes, plus the HT leads... MoT isn't a prob and tax isn't a prob, as can borrow t-plates...  as for the route... if I miss the M25 it will take me frickin ages to get back!

I think I best be sensible and give this one a miss I'm afraid...  I'm booked to buy/collect a '93 Uno on sunday anyway... that will do for now I guess... and my bike has just passed it's MoT so I don't have to worry about not having transport when I take my Scirocco off the road for repairs...

toz

126bis convertible
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2007, 08:54:25 PM »
hi,tell you what ed,if you want the bis convertible i will give you 2 wheels and road legal tyres for nothing,(13s for the bis,loads off tread)i will even throw in the leads,

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal