Author Topic: Xmas has come early.....!!!  (Read 2749 times)

Robbie126

Xmas has come early.....!!!
« on: March 07, 2007, 08:41:56 PM »
Hi guys, I cannot believe my luck...I have just been GIVEN a 1973 500L! It was about to be taken to a scrap yard by a local car salvage guy, after a friends ex-wife wanted to see the back of the 2 500's in her driveway. The friend, who had bought the car a few years ago, had nowhere to put the car and couldn't get round to selling it so he thought of me :D . I know that some of you out there are going to be thinking what a jammy so-and-so (or words to that effect!), but I just think that it was amazingly good fortune to be able to save another 500 from that great scrap yard in the sky. :) The car is as rusty as a very rusty thing and is going to take me one hell of a long time to do anything with, but I see it as a fantastic opportunity to own one of my favourite wee cars. I'll be keeping an eye on the forum here and over at the Fiat 500 club forum, and I have already recognised a couple of the names in here, i.e Moo and Hudsonhenry to name a couple, so I may be picking your brains on my long, long road towards having a functioning 500 if that's o.k with you guys :?: Cheers for now, Robbie.
Small Fiats...a legal way to put a smile on your face...!

richard

weldone robbie
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 09:10:31 PM »
welldone robbie ...

please see www.dropshots.com/richemon and www.dropshots.com/richemon1  

as i had a fiat 500 that i restored on a budget as they can get out of control . as im sure your aware ..

i will also help where i can although there is alot more cleverer people on this forum and im sure they will all help you  . good luck with it mate

i miss my 2 500's i really do .....

Robbie126

Re: well done...
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 09:44:18 PM »
Hi Richard, thanks for the words of encouragement. It's good to know that I'm not the only one out there doing this on no budget :sad:

I'll keep an eye out for you on the 126 forum as I have a Bis as well!

Take care dude,

Robbie :smt120

ChrisRLewis

• Administrator
    • Club126uk
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 09:51:28 PM »
Good to hear that you have saved a 500 from the scrapyard! I love 500's I restored one a few years ago. So if you do get stuck just give us a shout!
Any pictures for us to have a peep of on how bad or good she is?

Robbie126

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 10:22:49 PM »
Hi Chris, Thanks for the kind offer, I will hopefully be collecting the car tomorrow, but I already have a couple of pics on my phone, i'll try and pop them on this page while I'm at work sometime during tomorrow :wink:

Chris Lakin

• http://www.fiat126.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 10:34:59 PM »
wow well cone Robbie!

cant wait to see more of it! dont neglect your 126 though in the process  :lol:

regards

Chris
+ SKYPE USERNAME: fiat126.co.uk
+ CLUB (ENQUIRIES): fiat126club@gmail.com

Robbie126

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 10:45:14 PM »
Hi Chris, there is no way that I'll neglect my wee yellow beastie..! Way too much fun :D All I hope is now that I can get my Bis to a reasonable state to enable me to come to some events and meet up with a few of you loonies :lol:  It's pretty sound mechanically, but the bodywork is in need of a lot of t.l.c but I'll get there.... :)

moo

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 06:32:37 PM »
Hi Robbie, just seen this thread (no idea where this year has gone  :shock:  :shock: )
Our project was done on a super tight budget and, including a weeks holiday in france (to trailer her home), Bubble has cost us just over a grand I should imagine (well, with the second replacement engine and gearbox probabally £1300 :roll: )
I took my time with her, but got there in the end. How are you getting on??

Heres what we've been through http://www.virginmediaphotos.co.uk/album/3558757

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal